Sunday, February 5, 2012

Story Behind My Topic


    On May 2, 1996, my mother had gave birth to a child that had a Diaphragmatic Hernia. That child she gave birth to on that day was me. I was born with a birth defect in which there is an abnormal opening in the diaphragm that allows parts of your organs to push into your chest. My heart was more to the left and my lungs were pushing up into my chest. When my mother was in prenatal care the doctors knew something was going to be wrong with me, but they did not know what exactly. After I was born I was rushed to Charleston, to a hospital where I could have surgery soon. My mother did not get a chance to hold or even look at me. They told me I could have died when I was born, but I did not. Even though every thing is normal about me now, I still wonder why my mother did not know exactly what was wrong with me during her prenatal care.

No comments:

Post a Comment